Monday, October 18, 2010

Our Nation's Capital!

Washington, D.C. has always fascinated me...from visiting the Museum of American History and the Air & Space Museum with Aunt Carole and Uncle Chuck as a child, and then returning for a short internship stint in 2002. On my most recent trip in September, I managed to visit nine of the  Smithsonian museums in just two days. There is something so motivating about being able to go for an hour or two to each museum, paid for by our tax paying selves. I was so inspired by all of the treasures these amazing buildings hold (Julia Child's kitchen at American History, the Archibaldo show and  the German Expressionist paintings at the National Gallery East Building,, the music exhibit at the Museum of the American Indian, the Norman Rockwell exhibit at the Museum of American Art/National Portrait Gallery, and others). I was especially enamored by the new Museum of the America Indian (their cafe is the best on the mall).

Washington Monument and the Mall.

National Museum of the American Indian.



No comments:

Post a Comment